This post contains affiliate links to help keep this website running. To learn more about affiliate links, click here.
The Coronavirus has started to come in full-force within the United States, leading to event cancelations, school closures, and in some areas, complete lockdowns. While we find ourselves practicing safe social distancing, isolated inside our homes, and continuing our educations online, we also find ourselves with an extra bit of free time. As we approach the weekend staying home may become more daunting, but with a list at the ready, I’m sure you can find something to fill your time with.
27 Things To Do At Home During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Read those books you’ve always wanted to read
- Declutter your closet
- Organize your perfect schedule
- Reevaluate your New Years Resolutions/Annual Goals
- Spring clean your home
- Stay active with at-home workout guides
- Learn a new language
- Practice a musical instrument
- Spend time outside if you have the ability (patio, deck, backyard, etc.)
- Video chat with family and friends
- Meditate daily (Headspace)
- Start a blog or youtube channel
- Feel free to read my Coronavirus Diary
- Play video games
- Binge-watch Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc.
- Reorganize travel plans
- Research family heritage
- Try a new recipe (assuming you already have the necessary ingredients)
- Take that nap you’ve been dying to get
- Tend to your plants
- Bake cookies, edible cookie dough, cakes, or brownies
- Research something you find interesting
- Do all of your laundry (including bedding and towels)
- Rearrange the furniture in your space
- Sew holes in clothing or replace buttons on shirts
- Create a bullet journal
- Organize your junk drawer
- Play board games
Stay safe and do your best to enjoy your time at home. Limiting the time we spend out in our communities will slow the spread of this highly-contagious virus and (hopefully) help our medical system handle the situation without over-burdening them.